Upcoming Classes
Aug. 8, 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Dunbar Branch Library
Aug. 19, 10:00 AM
Sissonville Branch Library
Aug. 24, 6:00 PM
Sissonville Branch Library
Aug. 30, 2:00 - 3:30 PM
Dunbar Branch Library
Sep. 5, 6:00 PM TO 7:30 PM
Main Library
More Events ≈
Homework Help
Getting Money To Help
FEMA Grants
You can request monetary assistance from FEMA. Apply online, calling 800-621-3362, or visit an application site near you. Deadline 9/07/16.
Learn More ≈
Small Business Association Loans
The SBA is offering loans to assist with replacing buildings, inventory, equipment and more. Visit the link for details.Deadline: 9/7/2016.
Learn More ≈
West Virginia Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Businesses can apply for mini-grants by contacting Parween Mascari via e-mail at pmascari@wvchamber.com or by calling 304-342-1115.
Read More ≈
Food Assistance
SNAP benefits are available to those affected by the flood. You can apply via the link below or call 1-800-642-8589 for more information.
See More ≈
Building Assistance
Mountain Mission HOPE Project
Mountain Mission is offering free materials to rebuild homes and can offer information on finding builders. Visit the site to apply.
Read More ≈
FEMA at Lowes
FEMA has specialists to offer information at various Lowes stores in the state. Visit the site for details.
Read More ≈
Department of Planning and Development
Remember that if you are rebuilding or adding a new building to your property, you will need a permit. Check this site for details.
Read More ≈
Legal Help
National Disaster Legal Aid
A resource for anyone who's suffered from a natural disaster and needs little to no cost legal assistance. See the link or call 877-331-4259
Read More ≈
Legal Aid of West Virginia
If you have legal questions, need legal advice, or seek representation, click the link or call 866-255-4370.
Read More ≈
West Virginia State Bar
The link includes phone numbers, legal FAQs regarding the disaster, and a "self help library" to get you through this process.
Read More ≈
Places To Go
Red Cross Shelters
The Red Cross has a shelter at: 1 Cavalier Rd CHARMCO, WV 25958. Visit the link below or call 304-340-3650 for more options.
More Info ≈
Shelter Your Pets
The Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association has a temporary shelter at the Clendenin Exit of I-79. Call 304-342-1576 more details.
More Info ≈
General Needs
A number of organizations are offering assistance including food, laundry, or cell-phone charging services. See the link for locations.
Learn More ≈
Disaster Recovery Centers
DRCs are staffed by state agencies to offer assistance and information to those in need. Locations by county are listed in the link.
More Info ≈
Document Replacement For Little Or No Cost
Driver's Licenses and State IDs
Contact the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles at 304-558-3900. DMVs will use previous photos for confirmation for flood victims.
See More ≈
Social Security Cards
You can find a form with instructions to replace your Social Security Card in the link below.
See More ≈
Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates
The DHHR and other offices are waiving fees to replace various certificates. View the link or call 304-558-2931 for more details.
Read More ≈
Your Library
Elkview Library
The Elk Valley Express Library is now open at 4636 Pennsylvania Avenue in Big Chimney. Computers, books, and DVDs are available.
Learn More ≈
Clendenin Branch
The Clendenin Branch is still closed, but the Bookmobile will stop at the former Dairy Queen in Clendenin on Fridays, from 10am-2pm.
Learn More ≈
Our Events
Don't forget the library is hosting a number of events at various locations to brighten the mood. See our Events Page for more details.
More Events ≈